A few of quick tips to keep your microphone hygiene at the highest level.
- Use your own microphone windscreen, and make sure you have plenty of spares.
- Ensure the microphone can dry out after each class i.e rotate microphones between classes.
- Use a dry towel to wipe down the microphone after every class.
- Don’t try to clean or wipe the capsule with sanitisers, cleaners, or alcohol wipes: these types of cleaners can dissolve the sweat-proof coating and cause damage.
- Own your own microphone pouch belt.
- Where possible, use your own microphone. The EMic is a great choice for individual instructors.