About the Role
As the Fitness Manager you’ll be responsible for both Personal Training & Group Fitness in multiple clubs, with the goal of ensuring member experience is second to none. To achieve this, you’ll be managing and recruiting a dedicated team of Personal Trainers & Group Fitness Instructors. Other responsibilities of this management role include creating and overseeing effective processes, systems and people to ensure the highest member satisfaction, and ultimately department and club profitability. You’ll extensively liaise with all team members within the club and our regional team.
A multi-site Cluster Fitness Manager Position may be available to the right person with suitable experience to take on more.
The position requires, but is not limited to the following:
- Running motivating, energetic & results driven group sessions (8+ a week)
- Implementing & developing club timetables that increase group exercise participation
- Managing a timetable of sessions / classes across multiple programs
- Implementing & managing club approved retention tracking system
- Completing 1 on 1 sessions for Members
- Managing a team of trainers to achieve set goals
- Continually & actively recruiting for new Trainers (employed & licensed)
- Consistently recruiting, inducting & supporting quality new Trainers / Instructors in line with the goals of the club
- Management of the other revenue business units to budget/target
- Management of PT’s to perform shift responsibilities
- Accurately reporting on all KPI’s to the General Manager on a weekly basis
- Growing the skills of the team by providing training on a month to month basis
Skills and experience
Of course, you’ll need to have the relevant qualifications and experience:
- Cert 3 & 4 or a Tertiary Diploma or a Degree
- First aid and CPR
- Fitness Australia Registration
- Proven Industry experience – at least 2 years in a Personal Training role and experience managing staff
About the Business
South Pacific Health Clubs belief in health and fitness is evident in the design of our clubs, the professionalism and enthusiasm of our staff and the commitment we have to our members.
South Pacific Health Clubs currently we have eight clubs throughout the Bayside and surrounding suburbs, with plans for further expansion over the next few years.
Our modern, functional gym facilities are complimented by a comprehensive Group Fitness offering including, Infa Red Hot Yoga, Reformer Pilates, Virtual Cycle Studios and dedicated Burn (HIIT) Studios, South Pacific Health Clubs is truly the place to take the next step in your career!
Ready to take an exciting step in your health and fitness career? If so, hit the Apply Now button to send your resume and cover letter to Madeleine Pritchard, Regional Training & Development Manager.