Coaches invited to hear and learn from the best.
Coaches of all sporting levels are invited to register for the ICCE Global Coaches House to be held during the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games, highlighted by keynote speeches from world renowned coaches Sir Graham Henry and Dr Ric Charlesworth.
Global Coaches House Gold Coast 2018 is a five-day development program to be held at Griffith University from April 9-13, featuring workshops, presentations and panel discussions with internationally acclaimed coaches and high performance sport professionals.
Participants can register for a single day up to the full five day program, with a different theme each day. Former New Zealand All Blacks coach Sir Graham Henry, Australia’s Olympic-winning hockey coach Dr Ric Charlesworth and former Hockeyroos captain Alyson Annan are among the keynote speakers across the program.
The Global Coaches House is a partnership between the AIS, International Council for Coaching Excellence, Commonwealth Games Federation and Griffith University.
AIS Deputy Director Performance People Darlene Harrison said it would be a fabulous opportunity for coaches and performance staff to learn, share and connect with a diverse group of national and international sporting professionals.
ICCE President John Bales said:
“The Global Coaches House provides a rich environment for sport coaches to network and learn, with a strong focus on improving your performance and that of your team.”
Themes of the conference will include:
- April 9 – Coach as a learner: Developing learning strategies and self-reflection skills for improvement
- April 10 – Coach and athlete resilience: Techniques and strategies to develop mental strength and deal with adversity.
- April 11 – Leadership and Games Coaching: Team building and cohesion to develop a positive performance culture.
- April 12 – Coaching Science: Improving performance through science and technology and a women in leadership panel.
- April 13 – Made in Australia: Presentations on sports where Australia is a world leader, including how to build and sustain performance.
For more information or to register visit www.globalcoacheshouse.net