You’ve only got one heart. Don’t fail it.
Did you know . . .
· Heart failure affects 500,000 Australians and claims around 61,000 lives every year – that’s approximately 1 person dying of heart failure every 3 hours, 8 deaths each day.
· It is the #1 cause of hospitalisations in people over age 65.
· Heart failure is common and on the rise in Australia. As more people are surviving heart attacks and other acute heart diseases, more people are going to develop heart failure.
· Despite the name, heart failure doesn’t mean the heart has stopped or failed, it means the heart is ‘failing’ to keep up with the body’s demands.
· With early diagnosis, treatment and lifestyle changes, a person with heart failure can reduce their risk of hospitalisation, feel better, and live a longer and healthier life.
We can line up interviews with a hearts4heart spokesperson, medical expert, or local patient case study.
We can assist you with a range of resources to help you build your story including content for TV, radio and online.
Supported by Australian and New Zealand cardiologists, hearts4heart is a leading health promotion charity supporting, educating, and advocating for people living with heart disease.
For more information visit hearts4heart.org.au