When it comes to trend-hunting, the team at Slim Secrets make it their mission to be at the forefront of the latest developments and innovations in the global health food and wellness industries.
From getting around on the ground to seeing how markets operate to attending trade shows and exhibitions, keeping up with the foods and flavours that are set to take centre stage are what Slim Secrets are all about.
Founder and CEO Sharon Thurin shares her insider secrets on the trends to look out for in 2018:
1. Keto continues to trend and is gathering force. There is evidence that it not only helps with weight loss but also clears the mind! It is also thought that Ketogenic diets may have benefits against diabetes, cancer, epilepsy and Alzheimer’s disease. Slim Secrets Bare Bars (RRP $2.85), which contain over 12g protein, no more than 3.5g carbs and no more than 2.9g sugar are available in three delicious flavours, are the perfect snacks for those on Keto diets.
2. Protein remains an ongoing trend – it is the original ‘superfood’ and here to stay for good reason. It takes longer to digest and metabolise allowing your body to burn more calories while processing. It’s also essential for making sure you lose fat while working out, not muscle.
3. Healthy convenience – Although we all have the same number of hours in the day as Beyoncé, most of us still wish we had more. Luckily, healthy food and snack companies like Slim Secrets continue to develop products that are ready to eat, leaving us with more time to focus on the things that are important to us.
4. Balance – Focusing on what you will gain in the long-term, rather than what you might cut out or lose in the short-term, is the key if you are seeking to make long-lasting changes to your lifestyle. At Slim Secrets, Sharon’s philosophy has always been about finding healthier ways to have it all.
5. Mindful Eating – Eating mindfully – taking the time to savour each mouthful, chew more slowly and be present as the meal is consumed – has been proven to help maintain weight. When we are more mindful and aware of the food we are eating, we are less likely to overeat, which leads to weight gain. Taking the time to fully appreciate each meal also contributes to happiness – which is definitely a plus!
About Slim Secrets
Founded in 2005 by entrepreneur and wellness coach Sharon Thurin, Slim Secrets has a range of 21 healthy snacks available including protein bars, cookies, low carb fit balls, RTD protein indulgence shakes, and a Protein Puds with chia dessert range. Each product is carefully formulated to include the right balance of fats, carbohydrates, protein and fibre without compromising on taste so that customers can enjoy a guilt free snack whist supporting their wellness goals. For stockist and country details visit www.slimsecrets.com.au