A unique treadmill designed for performance training offering a complete solution for both cardio and power workouts.
Technogym – the world leading producer of design and technology-driven fitness products and digital solutions, and official supplier to the last six Olympic games – is proud to announce the launch of SKILLRUNTM, the first treadmill to combine cardio and power training in a single solution designed to meet the training requirements of both elite athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
SKILLRUNTM sets a new benchmark in performance running and answers the needs of all runners, from sprinters to marathon runners and triathletes. Thanks to unique MULTIDRIVE TECHNOLOGYTM (patent pending), SKILLRUNTM offers both cardio training and resistance workouts to enhance power. The interactive UNITY console –the same platform and interface offered throughout the entire Technogym range – allows users to access a completely customised workout experience, engaging and motivating them through digital content, personalised training programmes and data tracking. When it comes to programmes, SKILLRUNTM offers a wide range of innovative workouts including high intensity interval training, speed resistance training and neuromuscular training, as well as immersive and entertaining programmes to motivate the user.
SKILLRUNTM includes some exclusive features specifically designed for athletic and performance training such as:
- Fast Track Control: adjust speed and incline on the fly while exercising
- Maximum Training Space: a wide belt (55cm/22”) and streamlined frame
- Speed and Incline: up to 30km/h (18.6 mph) speed and incline ranging from -3% to +25%
- QUICKPAD: change speed and gradient with just one touch thanks to dedicated buttons
- Speed-shift: create on-the-fly interval training profiles and switch from one speed to another with a simple touch of the Fast Track Control
SKILLRUNTM allows the user to perform a variety of unique cardio and power workouts, such as:
- Running Session: the exclusive interactive technology Biofeedback (patent pending) tracks and monitors the main running parameters in real time, providing colour-coded feedback that enables the user to improve their performance.
- Parachute training (patent pending): users can strengthen the resistive power and top-end speed with parachute training that reproduces the feeling of outdoor running with a parachute. Resistance is minimal at the start and increases as the user gains speed.
- Sled training: allows users to train their power, and can reproduce the feeling of pushing a sled on grass. Resistance is high at the start and decreases to a constant rate.
SKILLRUNTM is also ideal for group training sessions in a class or studio environment. The solution SKILLRUN CLASS (patent pending) is perfect for those in search of a more effective and motivating group running class. Thanks to the new product features these dynamic classes will engage the most demanding users.
This new product is part of the SKILL LINE, a collection of products created to address the SKILLATHLETIC TRAINING, a method developed by Technogym and Olympic champions for everyone who wishes to improve their athletic performance. It includes SKILLMILL, the only non-motorised product that combines power, speed, stamina and agility training, and SKILLROW, the first indoor rowing machine capable of improving anaerobic power, aerobic capacity and neuromuscular abilities in a single solution.
SKILLRUN features 4 different patents:
- The MULTIDRIVE technology (patent pending) is a ground-breaking innovation that makes it possible for users to change the equipment mode from cardiovascular training to power training.
- PARACHUTE TRAINING KIT (patent pending) is an innovation created to reproduce the feeling of outdoor running in optimised conditions. The kit consists of a steel frame support equipped with an ergonomic adjustable belt that users can place around their waist to perform parachute resistance training.
- BIOFEEDBACK (patent pending) is the exclusive interactive technology by Technogym that tracks and monitors the user’s main running parameters in real time, providing colour-coded feedback that enables the user to improve their performance.
- SKILLRUN CLASS (patent pending) is a totally new and innovative format that allows to operators to create a more effective and motivating group running workout seamlessly from booking to results management.
Founded in 1983, Technogym is a world leading international supplier of technology and design driven products and services in the Wellness and Fitness industry. Technogym provides a complete range of cardio, strength and functional equipment alongside a digital cloud based platform allowing consumers to connect with their personal wellness experience anywhere, both on the equipment and via mobile when outdoors. With over 2,000 employees and 14 branches globally, Technogym is present in over 100 countries. More than 80,000 Wellness centres and 200,000 private homes in the world are equipped with Technogym. Technogym was the official supplier for the last six editions of the Olympic Games: Sydney 2000, Athens 2004, Turin 2006, Beijing 2008, London 2012 and Rio 2016.