The Fitness Show is set to head to Brisbane in July, on the back of great success in Sydney.
The Sydney Fitness Show has wrapped up for 2018 with strong visitors numbers and positive feedback on the new format.
The placement of the Industry Zone on its own dedicated level at the International Convention Centre was well received, according to Show Director Shaun Krenz.
“Pleasingly the new format was well received by our customers. Positioning our business-facing zone on a separate level to our consumer-facing zones, Strength & Active, truly did make it feel like two different shows, which is the effect we wanted. There was a lot of commentary towards the quality of the conversations that were being had and pleasingly we also delivered a significant increase in consumer attendance within the downstairs Strength & Active zones,” he said.
Across the three days, over 31,000 visitors stepped through the doors of the Fitness Show, with 52% being consumers and 48% trade. This year, the split of male/female visitors was very even (51% female and 49% male) and the primary age group was 25-34. The top six consumer interests (in-order) were: Health & Functional Foods, Sports & Active wear, Fitness Accessories, Footwear, Stretching & Flexibility and Education. The top six trade interests (in-order) were: Education, Group Fitness, Personal Training Systems, Stretching & Flexibility, Gym Fittings & Services and Outdoor Fitness Equipment
The Fitness Show is now gearing up for its visit to Brisbane in July, where it always makes a big impact in a market that’s obsessed with fitness. Highlights for Brisbane include:
- Celebrity & expert appearances – there’ll be group training sessions, open workouts, talks, Q&As and meet and greets with some of the biggest names in fitness, nutrition and sport, such as the Keep it Cleaner gals Steph Claire Smith & Laura Henshaw.
- Muscle Beach – located in the heart of the show’s ‘Strength’ zone, here you’ll witness fitness influencers with the most aesthetic physiques in the world, running open workouts in a Venice Beach-style, fully equipped gym.
- Fit Fest – located within the all new ‘Active’ Zone, Fit Fest will be a focal point of the exhibition showcasing the latest in fitness through exciting workouts and demos that provide participation opportunities for visitors. Wear your active gear and try out a new style of fitness class or a workout with one of your favourite fitness celebs.
- Wellness Hub – learn how to make nutritious and easy to prepare meals, smoothies and healthy treats and join in on a busy schedule of mind, body and soul educational talks and workshops. Plus get personal tips on leading a healthy lifestyle from Australia’s leading health and wellness personalities, trainers and nutritionists.
- The Muscle & Model Stage – Always the focal point of the ‘Strength’ zone this stage will play host to the inaugural QLD Transformation Championships, celebrating amazing physical and life transformations that will shock and inspire.
There will also be networking opportunities, seminars and new product launches of interest to those who work in the business of fitness. The Fitness Show is open to trade and general public from 10am – 5pm on Saturday July 14 and Sunday July 15 at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, South Bank. For more information visit www.fitness-show.com.au and follow Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates on features, timetables and confirmed celebrities.